This is what I have planned:
I will be meditating with the family or on my own and then will be going for a walk - if the weather is decent, will probably go and have a picnic somewhere in the meadows.
Creatively: I will be attempting to re-purpose and recycle an old T-shirt into something useful. Will let you know if it turns out successfully! (Hope so)
But like Valentines and all other days we celebrate, Earth Day, as much as it is a day of awareness and giving thought to the wonderful planet we live on, should be a way of life and not just done on a single day of the year.What do you do all year long to do your part?
In our home we are big on recycling and loathe wastage.
Here are some things we do:
- We only use our own shopping bags. Preferably made from a recycled material.
- We recycle all our tins, glass, PET, batteries, old metal, paper and cardboard.
- We never let water run more than it needs to.
- We only keep the most necessary lights in the home on. If you are not in the room, the light is OFF.
- Our green refuse is placed on our compost heap.
- Our garden is kept chemical free by using companion planting and herbs that keep critters out, and useful buggies in :D
- We walk and use public transport
I'd love to hear from you. Did you do something special, make a pledge for the upcoming year?